Conventional collectivist created authority is a deception in consciousness. You are your own Authority!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Update: Trump Dump Becomes Dump Trump

Trump Dump, as I referred to it in my December 6th post, has become Dump Trump as three more Republican presidential primary candidates have decided to decline their invitations to the scheduled December 27 News Max Iowa debate set to be moderated by “The Donald.”
Texas Rep. Ron Paul and former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman were the first to respectfully bow out last week from the forthcoming tacky political TV reality show circus; Paul explaining in his usual candid style that such a debate format was beneath the dignity of the office of the presidency.
Trump was clearly miffed at this development so he proceeded to verbally attack Paul viciously as a marginal candidate who “has zero chance of gaining the nomination” anyway. He also dismissed Huntsman as a non-factor in the race.
But then Texas Gov. Rick Perry followed suit, together with former MA Gov. Mitt Romney, and MN Rep. Michelle Bachmann, leaving former Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich, and former PA Sen. Rick Santorum as the only invited guests to Trump’s party event who actually plan to attend.  
The latest snubs have left “The Donald” surprised, furious, and baffled, wondering even whether to reconsider putting on the show.
Trump told CNN that he was surprised when Romney turned down his invitation. "He wants my endorsement very badly. We've seen him come up. We speak. I like him a lot. I think he's a terrific guy, but I was really surprised that he didn't want to do the debate."
Michele Bachmann's decision had “The Donald” fuming: "You know who I'm very disappointed in? Michele Bachmann," he whined. "She's come up to see me four times; Four times. She's called me, she's asked me for advice, she said she'd like to think about me for the vice presidency, all of these things."

"Most importantly I did like a two hour phone call for her with her people and it caused me certain problems … People asked if I was endorsing her, and the answer was no. And then after all of that, she announced she's not going to do the debate. It's unbelievable. You know, it's called loyalty. It's actually called loyalty. How do you do that? You know, it's amazing to me."

Loyalty; did he say loyalty? Who does this guy think he’s kidding? She wants his endorsement. He tells people “No,” she can’t have it, and then he expects loyalty? If you ask me, he’s the one who is unbelievable – Donald Trump: kingmaker rebuffed by his subjects, the peasants.

Don Imus asked Trump if he will still do the debate if only Gingrich and Santorum show up. "I don't know, I'd really have to look into it and see," he said. "They want me to drop my status as someone who's going to run as an independent, and I don't think I'm going to do that."

Trump actually has the nerve to wonder out loud why any self respecting candidate would hesitate to participate in a debate that he will moderate when he’s told the world that he plans on endorsing one of them afterward; and that he might just become a candidate – again – himself if he doesn’t approve of the eventual nominee. The raw arrogance of this man is unbounded.

"I know a lot of the moderators and some are wonderful, and some aren't, but I know the issues better than the moderators" he bragged shamelessly while touting the ratings of his TV reality show “The Apprentice” as an additional incentive to participate.

But Reince Priebus, the Republican National Committee chair, criticized Trump’s role as moderator: "I think that having a successful businessman serving as a moderator has a lot of value but the issue here is whether the moderator should be a person who is still batting around the idea of running as an independent," he explained. "I think it would be malpractice for me as an RNC chairman not to believe that's an issue."

"I would have an issue with that and I would understand candidates who say, 'Look, I don't know if I want to avail myself where the moderator might be… still talking about potentially running as an independent candidate,'" he added. "I think that's a problem."

That’s what this is all about with “The Donald.” It’s called self promotion. Self promotion and self aggrandizement is his role in life. TV ratings and attention are what he craves.

He’s not the least bit serious about running for president – he never was -- but he wants the suckers out there to think he is so that he can keep the spotlight on himself and his inflated sense of “importance” in the political process for as long as possible.

If “The Donald” does moderate the debate, as currently planned, I for one won’t be watching. Fortunately for us, most of the candidates with integrity in the process have also wised up to this clown’s political charade and decided to dump Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment